A professional made Social Media Marketing plan will boost your business & branding
Reach new customers and build your brand with trust and loyalty
Social media marketing is an addition to personal, small business, corporate, and non-profit organizations integrated marketing communications plans.
Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content." Integrated marketing communications is a multifaceted, orchestrated marketing and advertising practice organizations follow to connect with their target markets.
Integrated marketing communications coordinates promotional elements: advertising, personal selling, public relations, publicity, direct marketing and sales promotion. Increasingly, viral marketing campaigns are also grouped into integrated marketing communications. In the traditional marketing communications model, the content, frequency, timing, and medium of communications by the organization is in collaboration with an external agent, i.e. advertising agencies, marketing research firms and public relations firms.
However, the growth of social media has impacted the way organizations communicate. With the emergence of Web 2.0, the internet provides a set of tools that allow people to build social and business connections, share information and collaborate on projects online.
Welcome to the Social Media Revolution
Our Social media marketing programs center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks.
A corporate message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself.
Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media.Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service.
Additionally, social media serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns. With emergence of channels like Twitter, the barrier to entry in social media is greatly reduced.
What the market is doing?
According to MENG (Marketing Executives Networking Group) more companies will be turning to social media in the next year than ever before. Senior-level marketers and execs are rapidly realizing that a strong online presence can be obtained through the use of social bookmarking, and the following stats from the third annual MENG Marketing Trends Study:
- Over 70% of respondents admit that their company will be initiating new social media initiatives in 2010
- 43% of respondents said their company was on Facebook, and the same percentage said the same for LinkedIn. 34% said their company had a presence on Twitter, and 28% of respondents pointed out the fact that they had a company blog – a huge increase from last year.
- Interestingly, companies are more likely to maintain a blog. Execs are less likely to have a personal blog (with the exception of execs at companies with less than 2,000 employees).
- While 71% of execs surveyed will implement new social media initiatives internally in 2010, 28% said they would rely on interactive agencies, 25% on social media consultants, 20% on PR agencies, and 16% on ad agencies.
- Large companies (46%) and small (41%) will probably choose a social media consultant if they decide to outsource, with interactive, PR and Ad agencies running up.
- However, the biggest companies that outsource social media initiatives will depend first on Interactive agencies (33%), then Ad agencies (31%), PR agencies (26%) and Social Media Consultants (24%)
- Companies most often choose their social media outsource company based on Examples of Previous Work (94%), Recommendations (91%), Quality of Response to RFP (82%), and Cost (80%).
Our team can help you
Ok, now you know enough about what social media marketing is, and why you should use it for your business. But what can The Web Empire do for you?
We can help you enter this new marketing era successfully, affordably and with remarkable results. Initially almost none of our clients believed in the positive impact social media marketing could have on their business, but given the results, they quickly came to realize and appreciate its power. Our company is results-driven. This is our tag line everywhere. Social Media Marketing from The Web Empire will bring you results . Give us a call or email us, and let us arrange a meeting to discuss your options and provide you with real examples.