eCommerce Web Design & Website Development
E-commerce (electronic commerce) is the activity of electronically buying or selling of products on online services or over the Internet. The term was coined and first employed by Dr. Robert Jacobson, Principal Consultant to the California State Assembly's Utilities & Commerce Committee, in the title and text of California's Electronic Commerce Act, carried by the late Commmittee Chairwoman Gwen Moore (D-L.A.) and enacted in 1984. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. E-commerce is in turn driven by the technological advances of the semiconductor industry, and is the largest sector of the electronics industry.
E-commerce can be anything, from an online store up to a delivery system or a booking system. Everything that involves transaction or an electronic activity it's an e-commerce. Even the apps that you are using to watch Netflix or the stockmarket are based on an e-commerce system.
The Design and Development of any ecommerce website is our expertise. With thousands of examples, we can create your e-feature easily and affordably. The Web Empire develops ecommerce systems with:
- Eye catching ecommerce design
- Product/Services oriented layout
- Embedded Search Engine Optimization
- Clean Product/Service description
- Booking/Appointment Ability
- User friendly one-page checkout
- Custom search filters
- Custom layouts
- Custom fonts
- Advanced registration systems authenticated with Google or Facebook api's
- Strong security
- License-free software
- Full front-end and back-end control for your employees
- Paypal, Credit card automated Invoicing, shipping status etc
- User Groups, Coupons and wholesale
- Reviews & Ratings of products or services
- Custom Applications & Development
We don't simply create another ecommerce site. We efficiently build your web presence with sophisticated design and proven results.
Options for eCommerce Web Design in 2021
The after covid era starts with 2 major options when comes to an ecommerce website design. The first option is to go with one of the free-to-start-pay-a-lot-later companies likes shopify, wix, big commerce etc., and the second option is to choose a professional website design company. There are pros and cons to both of course and you should be aware:
1st Option - Major Automated Ecommerce Systems:
- The initial cost is way lower - close to nothing.
- There are many free training tools on-line
- Nowadays almost all of the major players provide at least the basics for free
- There are not many things to worry about. Just put your products on-line and hope that you will start the sales.
- Except some maintenance yearly expenses don't expect anything crazy moving forward.
- Exactly as the initial cost is lower, the final visual result most of the times looks cheap. You can't expect from anyone to have the knowledge or experience of a designer. So, if you go and start doing your "own thing", even if it's pretty for your own (and probably your family's) eyes, obviously it's not.
- Requires a lot of time just for the basics and even more time moving forward. There is no actual support or humans that you can talk and help you with issues or questions. You need to read, read more or ask for paid support.
- The actual components that provides value and better user-experience to an ecommerce site are expensive and not customizable. Customizations costs a lot.
- There are few - probably less than 1% - success stories with any of these systems. Usually, what happens is that a small business starts with these guys, fails completely and doesn't try again or understand very quick the limitations and jumps to the custom design train.
- Very hard to succeed branding or marketing. Search Engine Optimization doesn't exists due to engine's limitation. In general anything that has to do with digital marketing and affordable spending for that reason doesn't exists.
2nd option - Custom Ecommerce Web Design
- Unique design tailored to your needs.
- Unlimited commercial and custom tools, from checkout systems up to cryptocurrency.
- Unlimited fields, custom fields and information to showcase.
- Unlimited filters to search based on the above custom fields.
- Very strong engines for SEO, digital marketing, social media sharing and boosting.
- Strong integration with 3rd party systems, ERP, salesforce and other online API's.
- Initial cost. A simple eCommerce website can start from $1,500 and can climb to tenths of thousands.
- Most of the times the website is the "foundation" of your marketing. That means requires more attention to details and time for strategy. It's not the - didn't cost nothing - trial that you don't worry about.
- Higher yearly costs. The more complicated the website the more the maintenance.
- If you are a large company and you require 3rd party connections expect latencies with the integrations and the different customizations. It can be done, but it takes time.
Have custom eCommerce website development needs? Our agency has personalized solutions.
The Web Empire have decades of experience to both options for your ecommerce design. Even if you are already with Shopify or Bigcommerce or any of the big guys and you would like some help, creative ideas, growth strategy or you just want to create your own custom shop, we are here to help. We understand the importance of utilizing the latest technology to maximize the profitability of your online store. Our eCommerce solutions offer the best in standard features and functionality while remaining agile and completely customizable. Our experts can develop custom functionality, integrate with 3rd party systems, pull data from multiple sources, and tailor a solution that matches your brand and eCommerce goals. There are no limits to what your eCommerce website an achieve.
Sales Driven eCommerce Marketing
With advanced Search Engine Optimization components and Social Media plugins, our websites are built to be the one-stop solution for all your digital marketing needs.
Safe and Fast Checkout Proccess
Using the latest technology and standards, we follow Google's, Bing's, Alexa's and Siri's rules in order to create the perfect and fast user experience. Browsing to checkout in seconds.
Mobile First eCommerce Design
More than 75% of the transactions that happening today, are through cellphones and mobile devices. All of our designs are focusing to this market, providing ease of use and worry free compatibilities with all the OS's.
All the Payment Methods
It's very important to understand what that means. We provide - literally - all the payment methods. That means way more savings for you due to less fees. No more 2 or 3 options. Make the deal with the one that charges you the less!