October is a free and open source CMS platform based on the Laravel PHP framework. It’s popular amongst developers to make dynamic websites using the power of Laravel. As per W3Techs, OctoberCMS powers just 0.1% of websites.
October website design & support
To better understand what October is and how it can help you as your website's CMS, please read below an in depth presentation from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
October is a free, open-source and self-hosted content management system (CMS) based on the PHP programming language and Laravel web application framework. It supports MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL for the database backend and uses a flat file database for the front end structure. The October CMS covers a range of capabilities such as users, permissions, themes, and plugins.
The platform is intended to have a small learning curve and a template system that is easily manageable with version control systems. As of January 2020, October is the second-most starred PHP CMS repository hosted on GitHub. The Dallas Museum of Art uses October CMS in their information kiosks. Many of October users are located in United States and Russia. There are also some European users.
Technical Information for October
Written in: PHP
Operating system: Cross-platform
Type: Content management system
License: MIT License
October offers following features, among others:
- Components, a key feature which are configurable building elements that can be attached to any page.
- Building an interface requires minimal programming.
- Flat files are used to serve the website structure.
- Includes an Ajax framework built in for back-end and front-end.
- Uses Twig as templating engine. This makes it possible to completely separate data from the templates.
- File manager with CDN support and image cropping.
- The whole setup is event driven which enables the user to hook into core or plugin processes and extend them.
- Updates and plugins are delivered with a package manager.
- Community-contributed extensions in the October CMS marketplace.
- The back-end is translated in 36 languages.